Family Law

Handling Your Matters With Care

In handling family matters, we approach each case with sensitivity and compassion, recognizing the delicate and emotional nature of such issues. Our priority is to ensure you are well-informed about your rights and obligations throughout the process. 

Our comprehensive range of services caters to both simple and complex matters arising from the dissolution of marriages or common-law relationships, including Pre-nuptial and cohabitation agreements, Separation agreements, Matrimonial Property Division, Independent legal advice, Divorce, Spousal Support, Guardianship, Parenting, Access, and Child Support.

Child Support

A natural parent of a child in Alberta is presumed to be obligated to pay child support for that child when a relationship ends while the child is still a minor and frequently until the child has earned a first post-secondary degree or diploma.

The court may also order a non-biological parent who raised a child as their own to pay child support. To know more, the MLO team is here to help and educate you.

Spousal Support

Other than being married, an unmarried partner who has been in an interdependent relationship, also known as a common law relationship, for at least three years and has a natural or adopted child with a former partner may be required to pay or be entitled to receive spousal support from the former partner.

Not sure? The MLO staff can help you.

Parenting Arrangements

If parents are unable to agree on parenting arrangements for their children after their relationship has ended, the court may issue a Parenting Order ordering the arrangements. These arrangements may include where the children will primarily reside, how much time they will spend with each parent, who will make important decisions affecting the children's well-being, and a dispute resolution process for any future disputes regarding parenting arrangements.

A non-guardian adult, such as a stepparent or grandparent, who wishes to spend time with a child may apply to the Provincial Court for a Contact Order. The petitioner would have no decision-making authority over the child.

Does this sound like what you are looking for? We can assist you.

Real Estate Law Calgary
Businessman Talking Mobile Phone Communication Concept

Get Legal Advice For Your Case Today

Corporate Lawyers Calgary

Get in touch

Our team is dedicated to efficient solutions for any inquiries or concerns. Just let us know how we can be of service.